New Engine Deck Boards

I have spent most of today making new deck boards to cover the engine hole. I bought a sheet of Buffalo Board at home. The problem was that it was too big to fit in the car. I had only measured the old boards roughly, so at home I had to cut the new board slightly bigger than needed. Small enough to fit in the car, but not smaller than needed to fit the boat.

I brought my electric circular saw with me to trim the boards to the correct size. Then I had to trim and fit the lead lined foam sound insulation. This came in two sheets, but needed to be cut nto several pieces to fit the boards snuggly.

Whilst I did all this Heddi painted the new gang plank and cleaned the brasses.

A well earned bottle of wine was consumed with our evening meal!

Leave a Reply