We have stayed here for several days, just doing a few jobs on the boat and people watching. Liz, Simon & the grandchildren came to see us on Sunday, and Caroline, Val & Sophie on Monday.
We moved down to Purton and Sue & Tom joined us for lunch. Took them for a little chug down towards Sharpness and back. They had to leave as Tom was milking that evening. We then went up to Patch Bridge at Slimbridge where we stayed until Thursday.
Today’s aim was to get through Gloucester and onto the G&S canal. The summer opening times of Severn locks are 8:00 – 18:00, so we set off at 8:10 for Lower Lode lock about half a mile away. When we got there we found that there isn’t really anywhere to moor up to wait, so
We awoke to bright sunshine and thought “Ah a warm day, we’ll do the signs”. If we go down to Diglis basin there will be room to turn so we can do both sides. By the time we got to Diglis the sun had gone in and the temperature had dropped to near freezing, so
We embarked on our first ‘proper’ trip, previous trips had just been for a couple of days and only a short distance. The aim of the week was to move the boat from its temporary moorings at Tibberton on the W&B to its new permanent moorings at Round hill Wharf on the S&W. But we
A walk along the river in the morning and a bit of shopping in Homebase for some things for the boat and then back to Tibberton. Tres & Lins left for home, we stayed on board as we wanted to visit Kidderminster in the morning to look at a potential new mooring.
The day was cold & windy. We set off down the Tibberton locks. This was the first time we had done locks with JH! Not long after we had started off it began to rain, so by the time we got to Worcester we were wet & cold. Whilst Lins & I topped up the
Daughter Nikki & son-in-law Paul came to see us. We reversed back to the winding hole and turned so that the other side was against the towpath. An hour or so with the wet & dry and a few minutes with the paint roller and both sides were now ‘nameless’.
She still had the name ‘Leah’ on the side and the previous owners name. We were keen to remove this as soon as we could, but a little nervous in case we made a mess of it. Friends Jan & Mike drove up to see us and while Mike and I went back to Hanbury
It was a cold frosty morning when we awoke. The plan was to move JH the 5 miles or so down the canal to Tibberton. That had been her permanent mooring. I had previously spoken to someone at BW who said that we couldn’t transfer the mooring, but we could stay there for month or